The call for projects for the 2016 edition of POWR – pitching workshop for scriptwriters is open and accepting applications from Luxembourg this year!
POWR is a pitching workshop for scriptwriters with tutors from Torino Film Lab which is part of Baltic Event, the industry programme of Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival.
The workshop is co-organised by the Creative Europe MEDIA Desks of the Nordic, Scandinavian and Baltic countries. This year, the Desks are casting the net beyond the Nordic, Scandinavian and Baltic countries and opened up the call to scriptwriters from this year’s country in focus at Baltic Event: Luxembourg.
POWR selects 8 feature film projects* in the early stages of development that are actively looking for producers. Selected projects are developed and presented at the POWR Baltic Stories Exchange, which is held during the Baltic Event Co-production Market.
Over two days, the projects are developed in group sessions and pitch preparation workshops in an informal, generous, and open atmosphere, under the supervision of 2 tutors, Valeria Richter (Denmark) and Gino Ventriglia (Italy). Each pitch lasts approx. 5 minutes and is followed by a round table session where participants meet selected producers and other film industry representatives, who provide feedback and advice.
– feature-length projects with potential for theatrical distribution
– potential for the international market
– from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland or Luxembourg
– required, in English: short synopsis (3-5 pages), short CV (3 pages), short motivation for participation (1 page)
– documents bundled into one single .doc file
– send your application file to your local MEDIA Desk
–> Download the application form here.
The workshop will take place from the 20 – 23 November 2016.
No fees apart from travel costs.
! The deadline for applications is the 11 September
Further information can be found on the POWR website: http://be.poff.ee/powr/